The quest for the perfect flossing technique is unobtainable as we are still learning better techniques and creating better products as time continues on. The case for achieving the perfect floss should not be viewed as an achievement, but instead, as a potential goal to strive towards.
For more information about dental floss and dental flossing techniques, consider the following:
– Dental floss is extremely important for removing plaque debris that brushing alone cannot reach.
– The best way to hold dental floss is to wrap each end around a finger on each hand, making sure there is enough slack in the thread to move up and down the strand as required.
– Each strand of dental floss should be anywhere between 16-20 inches in length.
– Partially wrap the floss around each tooth in a “c” shape to effectively reach all areas around the tooth.
– Seek out dental floss that is shred resistant thread, such as single filament thread, to certify it will not fail during normal use.
– An effective brushing session should last between 2-3 minutes.
– Never use the same part of a dental floss thread more than once.
– Always brush between each tooth, including the back row.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Alan Rembos DDS to see if you are a candidate for oral health care treatments, please call Dr. Alan Rembos and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Marco Island, Naples, Fort Myers, and Sanibel, Florida at one of our 4 convenient locations. We look forward to upgrading your smile!