At the practice of Alan Rembos DDS, we strive to treat and educate our patients about a variety of common dental problems. The majority of dental problems can be prevented with good, consistent dental hygiene habits, but our team also recognizes that some may be unpreventable. Whatever your situation, Dr. Rembos and Dr. Alvarez are trained and willing to help you maintain oral health. For more information about how we treat common oral problems in Marco Island, Naples, Fort Myers, and Sanibel, Florida, please contact us at one of our 4 convenient locations and schedule a visit with our dentists.
Our offices are pleased to help our patients fight against common oral problems and restore their dental health. With our experienced and compassionate dentists, you can receive the attention you need for a personal diagnosis and treatment. Some of the oral problems that we treat include:
- Abscessed Tooth and Gum: an infection between the gums and teeth. If left untreated, this can affect the both the tooth and tissue in the mouth. Our dentists can provide proper treatment solutions.
- Bulimia: a eating disorder that causes one to binge eat and induce vomiting to lose weight. This repeated behavior causes acid damage to teeth and wears down your enamel. Recovery includes treatments to strengthen teeth and treating your bulimia disorder.
- Canker/Cold Sores: a painful sore around or in your mouth caused by the herpes simplex virus. These can be treated by avoiding certain foods, or by receiving antimicrobial rinses, topical creams, and other treatments by our dentists.
- Diabetes: diabetes can make you susceptible to a variety of problems. You can prevent problems with regular dental cleanings and dental hygiene. Our dentists can help make you aware of any additional problems.
- Dry Mouth: a condition where the saliva production drops. This can be caused by certain foods, medication, or conditions. Treatment includes a personal evaluation of the source of your dry mouth and creating a treatment plan.
- Fluorosis: a condition where you are exposed to an excessive amount of fluoride. This can cause teeth staining and other health issues. Our dentists can treat any dental damage that is a result of fluorosis.
- Jaw Disorders: popping, cracking, or other jaw abnormalities can arise from a variety of conditions. Our dentists can evaluate your condition, diagnose the source of your disorder, and treat it accordingly.
- Sensitive Teeth: when you feel pain when hot or cold beverages run along your teeth. Sensitivity can be a result of exposed roots or nerves, or gum disease. Treatment includes using desensitizing toothpaste, sealants, fluoride fillings, and reducing the intake of high-acid foods.
If you have questions about any of these or other common oral problems, we invite you to call or stop by one of our offices and visit with our dentists.