Did you know that chewing sugarless gum is often touted as a mouth cleaning utensil for a fresh breath, a whiter smile, and is used for cavity prevention? Although various ingredients in gum can influence its effectiveness in treating halitosis or removing stains, the saliva it produces is the real star factor for treating tooth decay and cavities. You can enhance your smile with sugarless gum. Let’s check it out!
– It is important that the chewing gum you choose is sugarless because typical gum contains sugars that will effectively cancel out any positive assistances the gum could have provided.
– Sugarless gum is sometimes used for different health conditions, including for the prevention and treatment of heartburn.
– Do not use chewing gum if you are under the effects of any tooth or jaw pain, including bruxism and temporomandibular disorders.
– Chewing sugarless gum after meals have been clinically recognized to help prevent cavities.
– The reason sugarless gum has been proven to be so effective is that it inspires saliva flow in the mouth. Saliva helps clean away food particles and bacteria and can be used to neutralize acids in the mouth.
– Speak with your dentist about approved chewing gum products, or look for the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance on products.
Our team at Alan Rembos DDS focuses on a variety of oral health care services to suit all your needs. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Alan Rembos, please schedule an appointment to see us at our dentist office in Marco Island, Naples, Fort Myers, and Sanibel, Florida. We can be reached at one of our 4 convenient locations. Come on in to learn more about your options to get the bright and healthy smile you’ve always wanted.